segunda-feira, 17 de maio de 2010

The Oslo Report

It will be impossible to put in one blog entry all that has happened in the Oslo trip.
Hence I'll share with you some of the highlights.
One thing is for sure: It is nice to portuguese no matter where in the world.
People always come to you in a mysterious and unexpected way.
First example of that happened as soon as we landed.
This norwegian girl came to me with some crazy eyes asking me just: "what is your language? I must know. I find it very interesting!"
She could have found a better excuse, no?
But the portuguese language/nationality does not end here.
Not even close.
We were out in the streets on one of our walks around Oslo when we decided to enter a shop to buy some ice cream (yes, in 4 of the 5 days in Oslo there was sun and some warmth! unbelievable!) when a couple came to us (completely drunk at 5 o'clock in the afternoon) and they said they knew our language and that they like the portuguese people so they invited us to a private party in their apartment.
We thought something like: "what the hell? but why not?" and so we went. Free alcohol, free food, funny conversations, etc.
Worth it!
And what about the world being a very small place?
How strange is it when you meet in the streets of Oslo someone you met before in some other country some months before?
Strange indeed, but factual!
Oh well, many stories!
But the rest my friends, stays with me.

1 comentário:

  1. Hi Pedro

    i particularly enjoyed this bit:

    a norwegian girl came to me with some crazy eyes asking me just: "what is your language? I must know. I find it very interesting!"
    She could have found a better excuse, no?"

    I'm sorry but no, Pedro, she couldn't. How could she? You're not making any sense. You see, she was norwegian and in Norway they don't speak portuguese. Alas, good try.

    :)

    ResponderEliminar