segunda-feira, 8 de março de 2010

Into the wild - phase I

So here we go...

As promised here's my new blog where you can find out (almost) everything about my new european adventure! (dark secrets will not be shared here, be aware! Unless I'm writing under the influence of some sort of substance that changes my reasoning) This time around I'm in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (sounds posh aye!) for a traineeship in the European Commission for the next five months. There's already so much to tell but let us start from the beginning...

First of all, this will be a place for all: friends from back home, friends around the world and also my dear fellow trainees! You are welcome in my humble virtual home!

The story begins like this...

I'm sure you are all aware that I ain't that much of a sane person, so instead of coming here by plain.. I came by bus! 27 "amusing" hours amongst the strangest of characters. Oh well, I'm used to it.. after the interrails, cruises, trips, and so on, I'm pretty much up to face anything with a smile on my lips. And so I arrived. Most people are living by themselves, some are living in dodgy areas, some are even paying a fortune for a small room.. well, I think I was lucky! Seriously! I'm living with friends, we're 9 portuguese (some from Castelo Branco! we're everywhere, like a plague!) in a fancy little "villa" in the suburbia, and guess what? I even have sportv there! (Benficaaaa!) One other good thing is that my flatmates all work in bars, they are the kings of the night here, so they've been introducing me to Lux's nightlife. I won't go into details here, let me just say my body is enjoying and complaining at the same time (you figure it out, not hard to understand why ;P ).

Let us go on.

First week of work.

First day. I walked into a room where's like 5 men and 40 women! (and I won't comment on that, my thoughts will remain a secret on the subject ahah!). We're already a strong group that will most likely be very a close one, or so I hope. More on the subject on days to come ;)

By the way I've already some nicknames here like "the tour guide" or "the party guy"! (not bad ones aye!)

Second day: Trip to Brussels! It was very nice indeed, got a chance to meet new people, also to see friends from the "past" like Marouane, Sofia and Matteo (thank you both by the way, once again, for letting me stay at your place)! We've stayed there for 3 days and then back "home".

Fifth day: I met my adviser and I was very pleased and lucky I'd say to have him as a mentor here! (I call him "the godfather"!) Pretty sure we'll get along and we'll work and have fun during the months to come! But not everything is about work (gladly!) and I'll be on the party committee! (It will be nice to arrange the partys, it's usually a job I know how to do!) So.. Party time! (I'll also be in the communications and sports - and I'll probably be teaching portuguese). But well, you know me, always the party guy! I guess it was clear to everybody here as well ;) Carpe diem my friends, carpe diem!

Weekend: Parties, Movies, Football! what more could I ask for? (More to come on the next episodes!)

And so this is my first post on the new adventure! If you have something you'd like to know about how things are going here, please be free to ask (don't be afraid! ahah)

PS: I've been writing poetry again... (but that's a story for another episode ;p )

Cheers, hugs and kisses to you all wherever you are!

Allez Luxembourg!

PS 2: and now... Hot chocolate time! It can't be beer all the time, right!?

The end.

3 comentários:

  1. Olá!! Que bom que optaste pelo blog!! E já agora escreves tão bem em português como em inglês. :) Aguardo pelos próximos posts, serei, com certeza, uma ávida leitora. Beijinhos Sónia

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Where to start to comment...

    - First day. I walked into a room where's like 5 men and 40 women! (and I won't comment on that, my thoughts will remain a secret on the subject ahah!). We're already a strong group that will most likely be very a close one, or so I hope. More on the subject on days to come ;)

    Well about this what can I say... I just know you too well to know what you are thinking and how close you what to be ahah.

    - and I'll be on the party committee! (It will be nice to arrange the partys, it's usually a job I know how to do!) So.. Party time!

    Don't forget what you have learned with me about partying unless you want to someone to recall what you did last night :P when you say I can drink that and 5 minutes later you are wasted and almost dead :P so no Whisky for you :P

    Maybe I'll join you in Luxen ;) briefly

    Take Care and don't do anything I wouldn't :P

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thank you Sónia and Tiago! More adventures to come ;) And you know... you have to come here! cheers

    ResponderEliminar