quarta-feira, 10 de março de 2010

Just like Alice in Wonderland

The days are cold and though the sun shines in the sky above there's not much we can take from it. The wind blows its icy breathe from all directions and it is impossible not to feel your bones shouting for a sweet and warm sandy beach somewhere. But this is no time for daydreaming, got work to do! Still i want to share with you that yesterday I saw Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland! A very nice movie indeed! (But has Burton made any bad movie?!) And it inspired me to write something, not just the movie of course, but let's say it's a metaphorical way to express myself using its content. (and the rest is a secret of course!) Here it goes (probably it's not that good, but you'll be the judges of it!):

Down the rabbit hole

She was lost,
She was dreamy,
She was so unaware.
She had to go although she didn't know where.
But there were no clouds in her sky,
Her halo was as bright as the fireflies that flew by.
Oh, if she knew the world was on the palm of her hand...
However, she couldn't yet find her way,
Just like Alice in Wonderland.

Yet there's so much you would know if you listened to her sighs,
and so much you would realize just by looking into her eyes,
Because she's still a canvas in need of new dreams,
I might be mistaken but I heard so in her screams.
And still she looks for the perfect weapon for the perfect crime,
not realizing she'll soon run out of time.

But I'll be here keeping the rain away,
I'll be here until the end so I can listen to everything she has to say,
For I don't want to be a memory that would soon be sold,
I want to be her favourite character in the best story she has ever told.
Yet for now we go our own way,
As she remains lost, dreamy and unaware,
At least for one more day.

The end.

2 comentários: