sexta-feira, 26 de março de 2010

Sober

And this is the final part of the poem triology I've written in March, hope you enjoy it. No matter what, memories will prevail.

The last matinée

Fear is on your side
And so you run,
And so you hide.

You can't go on living on your fears
Because you'll lose your heart,
You'll end up in tears.

I thought our chemistry was real,
It seemed to me it was impossible to conceal,
So why do you try so hard to smother this emotion?
Why throw me away and leave me to drown in this ocean?
I'm already lost on your salty waves...
Can I at least tell you what my soul craves?

We could be prince and princess...
You know I'm a dreamer
Hence there's no need to confess.

We could defy the gods...
We could win this bet against all the odds.

But, oh, how you sway...
Is this a game you want to play?

So give me your reasons why,
I need you to testify.
Although no matter what you'll say
My feelings won't change or go away.
And though now my words are frail,
They're still here following your trail.

I won't give up on the dream,
One day I'll sweep you off your feet
And then we'll be complete...

The end

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário